Monday, December 22, 2008

Plan all you want...

I met my now husband at 19 and we knew we'd get married after I finished college. Once I did that, the wedding was set to take place and while I was raising eyebrows for getting married so young, I was ok with it. Then a few months before the wedding, I found out I was pregnant. We've been married for almost a year and a half, I'm 24 now (my husband is 7 yrs. older) and my baby just turned 1. He is the absolute best kiddo on the planet. Of course there are times I wonder what we'd be doing or where we'd be had we not gotten pregnant, but I had been baby crazy for a while. So, it was a very pleasant surprise! Like I read somewhere: We'll be young empty-nesters. My (unsolicited) advice is to give yourself 'couples' time if you can (and want to). Because it takes a long time to get it back, and even then I don't think its the same. Having a child makes your relationship with your partner different. In my case its better, but not the same as before.

And how I miss staying out and sleeping in!

No comments: