Monday, December 22, 2008

Cupcakes and slides

So on Friday Bruce turned 1. And it was fuuuuun. We went to the park and he got to roam freely like never before. He got down and REAL dirty. I'm still trying to get his fingernails clean. He had dirt in his ears and hair. It was so cool.

He really loved it!

The whole week leading up to his birthday all I could think if was: "Last year at this time I was going to the hospital" or "I blacking out because of the contractions" or better yet "By now I had nursed him for the first time".

This day, I wanted to make extra special for him. So in the morning I went to his room and sang Happy Birthday to him, and we cuddled for a little bit. And while we did that, I just really thought a lot about my new life with Bruce and how happy I feel. And how happy it makes me to see him happy and thriving. And even though some more sleep would be nice, I wouldn't change my life for anything in the world.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

We had a blast at the park with ya'll! Thanks for including us. :)