Wednesday, November 4, 2009

She got it from her mama

So today I was on this website: stuffwhitepeoplelike.com and I was having a grand 'ole time. And I laughed so hard at the post on camping. Sooooo much. I thought it was hilarious. And as I sat there doubled over in laughter, for a moment I felt like I could hear my mom laughing. And I realized I laugh just like her.

I understand why for a long time I thought 'I know exactly how my sister and my dad laugh, but I can't even bring my mom's laughter to mind'. Bizarre, but tonight I got it. It's because my laughter is hers. We laugh almost exactly (if not identically) the same.

And it hit me: I am my mom. I mean, not like that, but in ways I don't have ANY control over. None and that's scary and comforting at the same time.

Again, not meant to be a meaningful post, just rambling.

No comments: